Cell Phone Policy
It is the responsibility of the school to provide a quality education free from distraction. Just recently, studies have been showing that cell phones in the school have caused more "bad" than good. They tend to be used in ways that do not promote or enhance the instructional ideals of the school.
See link :http://money.cnn.com/2015/05/18/technology/smartphones-schools-ban/
As a staff we have decided to come to a common agreement on the followng expectations when dealing with students and cell phones.
1. Cell phones are to be only used for instructional purposes authorized by the teacher during instructional hours.
2. Cell phones will be kept in his/her locker or be turned in at the beginning of the hour to a central location determined by the teacher.
3. Cell phones may be used before school, during lunch, and after school.
4. Headphones/ear buds are not allowed during passing time.
5. Unauthorized use of cell phones will be turned into administration and will be held until the end of the day and/or until a parent comes in a picks up the phone.